PhD Symposium at ICTERI 2017
The PhD Symposium at ICTERI is organized for young researchers who are at the beginning of their career, such as Master or PhD students and also young researchers from industry. Our vision of the PhD Symposium at ICTERI is as of a venue that provides expert environment for the presentation of the tractable ideas and early results of PhD projects or other research aiming at receiving a PhD. Young researchers, who will join us to take part in discussions and/or present their papers, will be offered a rare opportunity to exchange and discuss their research ideas with their peers, supervisors, and senior scientists working in the fields within the scope of ICTERI 2017.
It is also planned to organize a PhD Mentor Panel as part of the ICTERI PhD Symposium 2017.
PhD Symposium Scope
The following research topics are being proposed for discussion at ICTERI PhD Symposium:
- (Semantic) Integration and Interoperability
- Managing Big Data
- Data Analysis and Business Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Decision Making
- Soft Computing
- Distributed Computing
- Interactive and Reactive Systems
- Architecture Models for Distributed Systems
- Rigorous Models and Methods for Specification and Analysis of Modern Software Systems
- Advances in and Tools for Technology Enhanced Learning
- Modeling Systems in Education
- Methodology and Didactics of Teaching and Using ICT
- Infrastructures and Framework Conditions for ICT Education
We will consider theoretical, experimental, and technological research and development projects of PhD students.
No Conference Fee
ICTERI traditionally does not charge conference fees. Participation is FREE. Infrastructure and service expenses are covered by our sponsors.
The language of PhD Symposium at ICTERI is English. Submissions in any other language will be rejected without review. Presentations in any other language are also not accepted.
We solicit extended abstracts explaining and justifying the ideas for PhD projects and short papers presenting the first obtained results. Each submission should be relevant for the PhD Symposium scope outlined above. The authors are also encouraged to present the results of their research to prove that their ideas are tractable.
For further details please check ICTERI 2017 pages on:
- What is the deadline for paper submission? – Important Dates
- How should your submission be formatted and annotated – Instructions for Authors
- What are the phases the paper will pass in the submission and evaluation process? – Process and Quality
- Which type of a paper can be submitted and based on which criteria it will be evaluated? – Paper Types and Evaluation Criteria
- How would your paper be submitted? – How to SUBMIT your PAPER
An extended abstract and short paper are the only admissible submission type for PhD Symposium at ICTERI.
Evaluation focuses on originality, technical correctness and the value of the planned results in a short to mid-term perspective.
Page limit: not less than 3 and not more than 4 CCIS pages for an extended abstract and not less then 6 and not more that 8 CCIS pages for a short paper.
It is strongly advised that the first author of any paper submitted for PhD Symposium at ICTERI is either a student at PhD or Master level or a young researcher from industry who is working towards starting a PhD project. The scientific adviser may be the coauthor of the paper if deemed appropriate.
Accepted papers must be presented at ICTERI PhD Symposium session by its student author, who commits to register and attend the conference. The Symposium Chairs reserve the right to exclude from the proceedings papers that have not been presented.
ICTERI PhD Symposium Chairs
Prof. Grygoriy Zholtkevych, V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Frédéric Mallet, Université Cote d’Azur, Cnrs, Inria, I3S, France. Contact email: email@example.com
Detailed Call for Papers
To get the complete call information in one leaflet please download the complete Call for Papers in PDF .
Download Call Leaflet
- Paper Submission Deadline:
- Acceptance Notification: